View Single Post
4/14/24, 11:53 AM   #14
Re: J.O Memorial, Lawrenceburg. Sat April 13th
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Honestly, I went to the top of the grandstand, Looked around, Grabbed my buddy Dan Shaw and said look there and there and at them ball fields. The Rodeo rink and holding area were under water. The motorcycle track was under water. the ball fields were just at the point of becoming mud again.

And we had a pretty good race track until about halfway into feature where a couple spots were getting so soft they dug out into ruts. Old track, would not have been able to run at all.

II thought there was a lot of two and three wide racing and not so much run away and hide racing last night. KTJ went up and took that win With Seavey running four in the fluff and bacon catfishin. Track bit several. Leary while leading biked into something I was suprised he saved. Ballou and Pursely's contact put Ballou into a position the rut dumped him. And Grant was in if you don't win be spectacular mode.

The crowd was spectacular! Bigger than the three WoO shows I attended.

The trophy was even more spectacular in person.

The bonus's and such were awesome.

Only thing I'd of changed was more cars but it was sufficient.

And the Cheeseburger for $5 beats almost anything out there. Got mine when I came in and avoided the lines and fast food joints.

Got to meet two people. Pete Abel introduced himself. told him I watched him for years and Rock Steady ended up winning again. Also Matt Waldeck who I haven't seen for 35yr. We both worked Michael Tire and on Staabs car some.

Great night, I guess Im a back stretch Rowdy for awhile till I can kick this habit. Also not liking driving home on highways full of idiots thinking Tokyo Drift is to be played on highways full of regular people commuting from place to place.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/14/24 at 12:08 PM.