12/16/13, 1:37 PM   #236
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Jim

I like their idea of running the 2+liter stock motors with the cycle motors. Although the car motor are more than twice the size of the cycle the stock Horsepower comes out about the same.

How many auto motor powered cars do you guys have at this time? I know that several people are building cars for next year.
I was just wondering how well they race together?

The only rule that seems a little out of place is mandating that the car motors can not run after market electronic injection. From the performance, and user friendly side of it Electronics have it all over the mechanical injection. It would not be too hard for Engler to produce throttle bodies with electronic injectors and just like motorcycle dyno jet also builds boxes for the auto ecm that could be used to dial them in.

Are you the Jim that I lost the phone number to?

Honest Dad himself
Dad the Division II rules are basicly the same also but I allow open fuel delivery systems (mechanical-electoric)....I do differ on 2.0 engines like the Focus where we allow any kind of cam or head work (short bloick is stock) to the 2.0 to bring it up to the HP of 1000cc/1200cc/2.4 engines that produce 205HP (all others are stock)....we have ran a year (20 races) here in Florida and purely stock on gas GSXR 1000 has won (4), 1200 Kaw. (7), GSXR1000 on alcohol (3), and Focus (6)....but then it is all NON WING which tells ya it is more of driver and set up not $$$$ engines....my weight rules are close but tend to be on the high end to discourage the use of Titatiumn (illeagle) and allows more diverse drivers as in a bigger driver can come race and not fill he is at a "BIG" disadvantage.

You will never ever keep anyone from spending $$$$ but in todays economy you sure do did to protect the less fortunate that might want to race and not get laped every 3rd lap....to make a field of cars we need everybody!!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Last edited by Wayne Davis; 12/16/13 at 1:40 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD