Thread: Usac GC-I-69
View Single Post
5/16/15, 11:18 AM   #22
Re: Usac GC-I-69
Nate

I've only missed a few races at Gas City since I got out of the Marines in 2011 and I have to say, last night was the best sprint car feature I've seen. I don't think many will disagree that in the past we've seen many races where only one line was working and a race becomes a "follow the leader" type affair. Last night was not one of those races.

The top was working, the bottom was working, we saw sliders. If you were there you got the full package. The show put on by the top 3 was something to be admired, especially in the closing laps. Even deep in the pack there was great racing. Two that really stood out were Kevin Thomas Jr and CJ Leary who started deep and raced their way up through the pack going from the bottom to the top, back to the bottom and then to the top again to weave their way through traffic to both get top 10s.

The only race that I can remember from recent memory that even comes close would have been 2012 ISW when Levi Jones and Bryan Clauson had quite a battle. The only thing that I left kind of disappointed with last night was the size of the crowd. As a racing community I think we still need to help support Gas City, the track has been great, drivers are showing up in force, but fans still need to come out to make this work. So PLEASE, if you haven't been to Gas City this season, come out, bring a friend, and tell them to ask friends if they'd like to come. I would really like to see the type of race I saw last night continue at Gas City.

Nate