Thread: Rubber Down
View Single Post
6/13/18, 11:01 AM   #3
Re: Rubber Down
chathamracefan

I was at both the Fairbury WoO show & the Dream late model race at Eldora this past weekend. Been to Fairbury for several late model shows & a few sprint shows in the past. My uneducated guess there is that they prepped the track with so much grip in the middle/top side that it became the dominant line early in the night & stayed that way. Took on rubber about 1/2 way thru feature. Races were good up to then tho. I've not seen Fairbury take rubber ever before. Track prep is top notch there. They don't have much experience with prepping for sprints. My guess is future events will have better results.

As to Eldora, they had lots of rain over the 3 days so there was moisture in the track. They also know how to prep a track for the long races so it slicks off but doesn't take rubber. Lots of prep equipment & lots of experience really help their cause there. They just know what they are doing. The track crew there busted ass all weekend to get all 3 nights in (one run during the day Friday) when most every other track would have packed it in.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner