View Single Post
7/7/22, 10:02 AM   #37
Re: Controversial post. Get rid of work areas and race.
JakeCroxton

I think the Big Cars are a different animal...they are at their own peril to lose laps and continue...they're not delaying the show by 60-120 seconds and necessarily causing extra cautions just to get that extra time...

Let me throw this one at you...

When I worked with MOWA...we got the privilege of running Haubstadt once a year. Our guys really liked it. And we had basically a Little Springfield "you leave the track you're done" rule at the time.

A couple of our regulars, I think it was Urish and Tripplett, got into a deal on the first lap of the feature. They weren't upset about spending money in the work area on a new tire to get back out...they were furious that it was our only shot to race on that stage and we were 4.5 hours from home - and they had capable guys that would have been ready to change a tire (and I think for Urish even part of the front end) - they wanted at least an opportunity to get back into the race. And 11th-20th still paid $200, which is probably where they would have finished. They just wanted to get their money's worth for the investment of fuel and time to go down there...and race the place for 25 laps. Yeah...we said at the time, then don't crash on the first lap, which I'm sure wasn't popular - but that's the other side of the argument. Don't put yourself in that position - which is also easier said than done mid-pack in a 410 on the initial start going into turn one at Haubstadt...

The next year, we had a 60 second one-time work area time after the first car got there. At least in my time there, we never hit a fuel clock. And I never felt like having the work area detracted from our shows.

Go to a Late Model race lol...they pull up lame and half throttle...for some reason get the caution...and go make a shock adjustment. That drives me nuts...
Last edited by JakeCroxton; 7/7/22 at 10:36 AM.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, TNRustler