View Single Post
6/16/11, 10:01 AM   #5
Re: 2011 Indiana Sprint Week
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Thank you both for the info. I'm assuming with an 11 year old, a minors release would be required for him to get into the pits? We both race so we are comfortable in the pits (know what to look out for) and this might be something we would like to do (get up close to some of the cars and drivers).

What time does an event like this usually end? Should we stay there in Kokomo or if it ends say before midnight, travel back to Indy? I may take my son to the Brickyard on Sunday for a tour (assuming they are open then) so we will be spending time there anyway.

What about the other venues? Any tips on them? We will be coming back to Texas on Friday so we should hit all the shows between Saturday and Thursday.
The Brickyard is open every day of the year except Christmas so you are good to go there. I live on the westside of Indy and am home from Kokomo in an hour each Sunday so as long as you get out of the parking lot in good time you should have no problem staying in Indy afterwards. There are scores of motels on the northside of Indy.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus