View Single Post
2/21/12, 7:55 PM   #1
List of All Sprint Car Organizations?
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I am getting lost with all the acronyms for sprint car groups. Can we get a list of them all in the Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan area, both wing & nonwing? Information which would be helpful would be wing or nonwing, 305 or 360 or 410, dirt or pavement, and some idea of where they run. I obviously know what USAC, MSCS and MOWA are, but it seems to me there are quite a few other groups out there.

If they have web sites that would be helpful to enable us to look up their schedule. I wouldn't mind traveling to see new tracks and good shows, but have to be able to find them.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. I will try to keep up and put the information here in alphabetical order. Please let me know about any mistakes.

ASCOC - All Star Circuit of Champions - wing 410 dirt sprint cars - Georgia and Florida in February, then Ohio and Pennsylvania through end of June. Then touring through New York, Michigan, Minnesota, Canada, North Dakota, South Dakota and Iowa through mid-August. Back to Ohio and Pennsylvania for rest of season. www.allstarsprint.com

ASCS/SOD - American Sprint Car Series/Sprints on Dirt - wing 360 dirt sprint cars - mostly scheduled in Ohio and Michigan with 2 in Indiana and 1 TBA in both Illinois and Kansas sod.ascsracing.com

AVSS - Auto Value Super Sprints - wing 410 pavement sprint cars - scheduled in Indiana, Michigan, & Ohio www.supersprints.com

BOSS - Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series - nonwing 410 dirt sprint cars scheduled mainly in Ohio with 2 in Pennsylvania, 2 in Indiana and 2 in Ontario. www.buckeyesprints.com

BSS - Buckeye Super Sprints - wing 305 pavement sprints - scheduled mainly in Ohio with one Michigan race www.buckeyesupersprints.com

HOSS - Hoosier Outlaw Sprint Series (HOSS) - wing 410 pavement sprints - scheduled in Indiana & Michigan www.hossracing.com

IMCA - Wing 305 dirt sprint cars? No information on their web site except a picture of a winged dirt sprint.

IRA - Interstate Racing Association - wing 410 dirt sprint cars - scheduled in Wisconsin, Illinois, & Minnesota www.irasprints.com

MOWA - Midwest Open Wheel Association - winged 410 dirt sprint cars - 16 races scheduled in central Illinois, 4 in Iowa and 1 in Indiana - midwestopenwheel.com

MSRXSS - Must See Racing Xtreme Sprint Series - wing 410 pavement sprint cars - scheduled in Indiana, Michigan, Alabama, Florida, & New York www.mustseeracing.com

MSCS - Midwest Sprint Car Series - nonwing 410 dirt sprint cars - 7 races scheduled at Haubstadt 2 at Lawrenceburg and single races at Terre Haute, Putnamville, and Bloomington. mscssprints.com

MTS - Michigan Traditional Sprints - nonwing 410 dirt sprint cars scheduled in Michigan, Indiana and Ontario. www.mtsprints.homestead.com

NRA (National Racing Alliance) Sprint Invaders- wing 360 dirt sprint cars scheduled mostly in Ohio with one race in Michigan, 2 days in Ohsweken for Canadian Nationals and the Knoxville Nationals. Majority of the races are at Limaland www.nrainvaders.com

OVSCA - Ohio Valley Sprint Car Association - wing 410 dirt sprint cars scheduled in Ohio and West Virginia within 2 hours of the Charleston, West Virginia area - www.ovsprintcars.com

SIA - Sprint Invaders Association - wing 360 dirt sprint cars - scheduled for 6 in Iowa and 4 in Illinois www.sprintinvaders.com

UMSS Traditional Sprint Car Series - Upper Midwest Sprint Car Series - nonwing (traditional) 360 dirt sprint cars - schedule appears to be just Minnesota, with almost all races at St. Croix Valley Raceway traditional.umsprints.com

UMSS Winged Sprint Car Series - Upper Midwest Sprint Car Series - wing 360 dirt sprint cars - schedule appears to be just Minnesota. No state given on the schedule and I am not familiar with all of the tracks listed winged.umsprints.com

USAC - United States Auto Club - nonwing 410 dirt sprint cars - runs both Midwest and nationally. www.usacracing.com

USCS - United Sprint Car Series - wing 360 dirt (& pavement ?) sprint cars - nearest to Midwest are 3-4 scheduled in Missouri in 2012. Mostly from Tennessee and Arkansas south uscsracing.com

WOO-World of Outlaws-410 winged sprints with a national schedule including stops in Ohio, Michigan & Indiana. Website is www.woosprint.com
Last edited by dirtnonwingfan; 2/24/12 at 12:14 AM. Reason: additions

3 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, jim goerge, Mud Packer