View Single Post
12/12/21, 11:29 AM   #33
Re: World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't know nothin from nothin, Not the $$ man behind any team or sanction. But I've always felt a thousand mile trip for two or three races (That pay only 500 to start) and thats if you make it against the best. IS A TOTAL Money sucker that you have to make if you want in the points race. If this can provide a couple extra opertunities in existing markets. (Like FL where they'll now have five races in sprints and two in midgets in eight days) That can help.

I didn't see anything that said WoO was running them two nights (Mon-Tues) IMO because WRG owns Vollusia now. Its two dates they can put on their schedule for fans to attend if they like. Say they do this for Mon and tues at Knox Nationals too Say the winner of mon and tues gets guaranteed spot for Nationals (A Non Wing qualifying night for the Nationals with 23rd-24th guaranteed start) ? Schedule a couple nights at Jacksonville the week of the USAC Nationals at Hussets.
It could be Win Win.

Will it require a five thousand buy in to run for the points (Or whatever WoO memberships require) Know in WoO they have some guaranteed tow money for top points teams thats higher than the just didn't qualify amount.

Done right at prestigious tracks and decent $$$ it could increase participation. Not water it down.

Time will tell. it will either succeed or fail fairly quickly.

I know one thing, There are several out there capable. Like Ballog, Courtney. etc that aren't running NW and I don't think safety is the main reason.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/12/21 at 11:42 AM.

3 members like this post: motorhead748, svfd830, WinglessLovers