Thread: How come?
View Single Post
10/25/11, 8:13 PM   #7
Re: How come?
TQ29m

The problem, as I see it, is not unlike every other "spec" class, policing the rules. It has been tried here a lot of times, but too many limits, increase the chance to go "outside" the box, and just cheat a "little". I've often thought a "stock" 355ci engine, could be had for a cost most folks could afford, but a lot of changes would be needed, tires and wheels would be a lot smaller, and I'm not sure a wet sump would be all that desirable, and of course, FI would be needed, and that brings along a lot of "baggage", but necessary, I'd say you could easily spend the best of 10k on a good engine, and who would want anything else, years ago, as I recall, at Bloomington, they indeed tried a low buck class, complete with stock engines, with carbs, and that was a real nightmare, if you did get it going fast enough, to bravely "throw" it into a turn, when you stepped on the "gas", you were so short of Hp, th damned thing turned "turtle" so quick, you couldn't believe it. I remember a bunch of guys, from Missouri, I think, coming to Dayton's Auction, and buying ever piece of junk they could find, I got brave and asked them what the hell they were doing with them, and they said, we put Pinto motors in them, and rent them out, now, that would be a "sight"! just sayin! Bob!