View Single Post
1/15/18, 5:10 PM   #12
Re: 2018 Bloomington Speedway Schedule
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
A schedule like this could in theory lead to a schedule like Gas City if the fans all skip out on the weekends without a true headline class.
(To me there are only 3 headline classes 410 Sprints and 410 Winged and super late models. Everything else is a stepping stone and a support class. I just have no interest in going to an event where support classes are the only classes. I seem to not be alone)
Now I'm just talking to myself BUT... This is indeed worst case but not an impossibility.

It's easy to beat up the schedule maker. But it's about balance and weighing risks. I think not running 410's is a bigger risk than they are thinking. It probably seems safe since the bulk of their payout is off the night's card.
But 410's is what brings the people; and further more non-410 nights are not a ticket price reduction of any kind. This seems to be what they have chosen to go with; we'll see if it works.

I hope to be at atleast 3 this year (USAC, ISW, Burton Memorial) and maybe a 4th for some random weekly show with 410's.