View Single Post
8/12/08, 3:59 PM   #1
Iowa Speedway Experience
wbr

Wow- what an awesome facility.

We are a relatively new racing family but I must say we were very impressed with the Iowa Speedway and this weekends “Casey’s General Stores” 100 USAC Silver Crown race. We felt like we were at a “special event” from the moment we parked Friday night until we departed Sunday evening. The people at the truck stop outside the track were excited about the weekends racing and let us know how welcome we were in Newton. The grounds were green and groomed with everything looking spruced up to the maximum. The Iowa Speedway employees were very polite and willing to help from the guys guarding the gates to the concession workers.

Unfortunately we also got to meet the rescue crews, tow truck personnel and the medical center staff too, and like everyone else at Iowa Speedway they were very pleasant, professional and courteous. Our car made contact with the front stretch wall (THANKS SAFER BARRIER) and we are happy the driver, Jacob Wilson was unhurt and the car wasn’t hurt that bad either. The crash ended a very good run driving from 16th starting spot to 6th at lap 58 of 100.

Congrats to Cameron Dodson on the win. The track had multiple racing grooves and from where we were on pit road the race was pretty exciting to watch with lots of passing, I can’t imagine the show the folks in the stands saw.

Jacob enjoyed getting to meet the fans at the autograph session behind the grandstands; he wished every track would do that for the drivers and fans.

My dad said the breaded tenderloin was the best he had ever tasted and for $7.50 it was a real value.

We were glad to see “Mercy One” medical chopper land before the days racing started and are also happy to report the crew only got to watch some good racing and took off empty at the days end.

I can’t wait to return to Iowa Speedway next year with the USAC Silver Crown series. Iowa you have a lot to be proud of with Iowa speedway and Casey’s General Stores.