View Single Post
staggerman (Online)
  #6 12/3/17 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau:
Run sprints and midgets on Friday. 2 classes. Focus on the show, not the car count. Fans don't want to sit and watch junk. Let them bring coolers. If you had 20 sprints and 16 midgets every week that's enough for a good show, trust me. Hot lap at 7.30, race at 8. Take up the extra space with driver introductions on the front stretch before both features and cool victory lane celebrations. Also, the early quit time allows everyone to flood the pits after the races and get the kids in the cars for pictures and autographs.
Rich - While I am a die hard sprint car guy I think you under estimate the need of fender support classes. Those support classes bring in a big percentage of local drivers, car owners and fans. Each street stock/Thunderstock/bomber team probably buys 4 pit passes and another 5-10 general admission tickets with friends and family and run for $300 to win and $50 to start. That makes it very profitably for the promotor to run these class. Plus majority of those teams and fans live within 30 miles of the track and support every show. Now I am not advocating 5 classes a night but nothing wrong with a fender class.

I hope it is true as would love to see Gas City back in the fold of routine racing whether it is weekly or bi-weekly.
24 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Eatin Dirt, EBookerFan, fish, flagboy55, GRAYBEARD, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, ksmith, meteorman, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, progressive22, rapid robert, Russ, SHORTBUS, speed bump, sprinter14, Stephen Cording, superstock30, tirespinner