Thread: Ocala
View Single Post
2/11/20, 10:32 AM   #67
Hamby454

I’ve been around dirt track racing for 33 years. I don’t need educated on the nature of the beast. I appreciate your effort but as stated in my previous post this is what’s wrong with USAC. I sat in the stand both Saturday at bubba and Sunday at volusia. Saturday nothing was said until cars were on the track for the 2nd session. People were in the stands wondering if they had switched to group qualifying because nothing was stated about a second session until we’ll after cars were back on the track. At Volusia Sunday it was known. Immediately following the first groups hot lap session that groups 1 and 2 would get a 2nd green white checkered session to better replicate qualifying track conditions. The cars were parked in the infield and pushed immediately back off after the 4th session. At bubba all cars were off track, the gladiator came out, then all groups went back out. This served no purpose but killing time. If the track was greasy extend the first session then bring them out again at the end. That is the typical route, this is the first time I’ve ever seen every car get a 2nd session. And the general admission fans were not notified promptly. If you bring casual fans who don’t know much or anything about the sport they won’t return, especially if someone who’s been at the track for 33 years can’t even explain to them what’s going on because of the lack of communication from either officials or the announcers, announcers to fans, or both. Johnny Gibson makes WoO what it is, he’s by far the best in the business. Not just at hooting and hollering at the action on track but at keeping fans informed and plugging sponsors and owners all throughout the night.
Last edited by Hamby454; 2/11/20 at 10:33 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner