Thread: Kokomo
View Single Post
6/13/17, 3:10 PM   #77
JarrettFarms73

My take on Kokomo 6/11...

It was great to finally see some sprint car/ midget racing. Never dreamed my daughter graduating HS would delay it to this late in the year.
How awesome that Pickens still made his qualifying spot after taking a tumble in hot laps and didn't hesitate to put it right back on the lip!!
Brady Bacon in a back up car running it like a scolded dog off its leash!!!
I'd argue the KKR total dominance is officially over... Nice run by Spencer btw. I thought he bought it a few time getting into two but he held it and gapped it back out!
Kudos to Kokomo for making the call to use the track prep time to scrap the sprint car B main and instead, run them all in the A. The driver redraw in front of the crowd was super cool.
I love the small group feel that is local dirt track racing. Where you can shout out a "Roll Tide" in appreciation of KTj, talk to the Darland family, while sitting directly behind some of the Clauson Marshall ladies, rooting for them all. Admittedly some more than others but still fans of what they all do.
Sprint Car A: I could say that it was a great race, or i could say it was just average. Both statements would be true because the average race at Kokomo IS a great race! Couldn't decide whether to watch DD in the 40, or KTj rip the lip. Both were worth the price to get in!! don't wait. #gyatk
Lastly, meeting Michael Pickens was pretty dang cool. I knew the name already but his battle w/ Larson in 2011, and MAVTV only solidified that sentiment. He was fantastic as are all the Kiwi fans.
Bottom line. Another great night spent w/ my brother at the dirt track. Man do i love it!!!