View Single Post
7/10/13, 8:11 PM   #18
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
Quantrill

We...... myself and Phil Heavelow have put a lot of time effort and money into MALS helping lightning sprint growth. And quite frankly for you to throw MALS under the bus as you are trying to do makes NO sense to me???

Your response shows me you truly have not read our rules! You just want to throw bombs! So let me post for you what is causing you some much grief. So when you pick it apart you at least know what you are talking about.

Quote:
stock head, cylinder, crankshaft and crankcase. Head must use only stock parts. No after market parts are allowed. After market stock non performance enhancing pistons and rods are allowed.
What does this mean? This means any steel rod and any stock weight piston with stock compression ratio may be used. MALS realizes that it is not cost effective for the racers to blow 1-2 motors a year. Therefore IF motors can be made more reliable by replacing the so called weak link we feel it is better for the growth of the sport to implement this rule!
Do you see anything about high compression pistons being allowed? Do you see anything about milling heads being allowed. All motors that have won an MALS races are STOCK from head to the crank. And for your knowledge, MALS has gone to the trouble of Hiring an AMA official to do our tech. And we TECH!!! Every motor that has been top three has been tech for Fuel, Compression, Stroke and Bore. So tell me again... what was teched on your car after you won last weekend??

We did our research over the winter and put together a fare rules package. Sorry it does not agree with your vision of lightning sprints.

Andy,,, what are you trying to accomplish ??? Are you trying to insure that no one comes to run with MALS just because you can't run your Engler here?? Do you care about growing this sport?? Or do you want to tear it down?

Mid-America Lightning Sprints has the sport of Lightning Sprints growth as our goal and our vocus. Try and remember that when your trying to criticise something you have not read or understand!

You added more, new motors? Main reason is there are two few of them the cost and yes the H.P. advantage. The 2011 ZX-10r and the BMW are on the same level and are game changers. New 2012 R-1 and GSXR not sure about. The new ZX-10 and BMW put our 16 HP more then older motors.

Built motors,,, CLUELESS!!!
Last edited by Quantrill; 7/10/13 at 8:17 PM.