View Single Post
2/15/20, 1:34 PM   #10
Re: Over winged sprint cars
wingless1

It's sort of a combination between personal preference, acceptance, and generation. I grew up watching midgets without roll cages, true open cockpit, open wheel racing. I put up with the cars changing looks for years, eventually I lost interest as the cars no longer appealed to me, personally. I have not set foot in a speedway since 2011....had been going since 1960. That's my opinion. IF you still follow the sport, great! but midgets, sprints, dirt champ cars, are no longer "open cockpit" cars, there are dwarf cars, topless late models, and some open wheel dirt modified's that cover the driver just as much. By the mid 1980's most sprints, midgets had side covers on the right side of the car, obscuring the view of the driver, you still got a good look at the left side of the driver, but now that's gone as well. Lets face it, if you really want to see a race car driver at work behind the wheel (which was pretty exciting, and a big draw to the sport in the old days) the only vehicle on four wheels left to see that, is probably go-karts.
Attached Images
rmmra_program69.jpeg (379.4 KB, 45 views)

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis