Thread: How come?
View Single Post
10/26/11, 1:07 AM   #9
Re: How come?
Joe Whisler

Something I don't see anyone mentioning, and to me is the real reason...

1. Where are you going to run them??? You can say any one of the random tracks you want, but if you don't say one of the current weekly sprint car tracks then I don't think you're aiming in the right direction.

2. What class are you going to replace? Without going on a research assigment, I am going to assume the purse would need to resemble something like a current U.M.P. Modified purse (maybe a super stock purse). Those classes are pretty well established in Indiana, and I can't imagine any of the weekly sprint car tracks wanting to rock that boat when those classes have relatively healthy back gate numbers with mid to lower level purses.

I would like to see something like that as much as anybody, but I just struggle to see it happening in Indiana. I always thought the northeast modified thing was neat looking in from the outside. I believe they had 3 classes with the lower 2 using the same chassis as the big block, but the lower 2 classes had smaller motors and tires. Like someone already said, you could move up using your same car with a different motor.

One last comment that a previous post made me think of. Rules: The more you have, the more problems you are creating.

These are just a couple of drive-by opinions of mine. If anyone disagrees, that's cool. I won't hold it against you. Just buy one of my t-shirts and we'll call it even!

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk