View Single Post
8/14/19, 10:52 AM   #6
Re: Vermilion Co Speedway (Danville, IL) - Track Being Bulld
TQ29m

I'll have to agree, must be gold or something there, where that track is located, or so I remember, wasn't really prime for anything else, wasn't all that hard to get to, and had a friendly atmosphere, I think that was my first track to run my TQ on, we'd been rained out so many times that season, twice there already, I'll never forget the feeling, when that jeep rolled up on my rear bumper, hell's bell's, we were already going too fast before we even hit the track for my first ride, and my oil pressure was slow getting up, I finally signaled him off about halfway down the front straight, and about that time my oil pressure came up, and I didn't have to exit, I had not had it started since I bought it, so it took a while, but that is etched in my memory, just like on a hard drive, it was so funny, later, and even yet today. Does that mean the Fair grounds also? As I recall, as far as Fairs go, it was pretty low on the list. Yes, racing doesn't seem to interest a lot of folks anymore, and most you see at the tin top crowd are sitting high on the hill, in their hi end motorhomes, that just ain't where it's at for me.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Pat O'Connor Fan