View Single Post
4/25/18, 10:28 AM   #14
Re: Lawrenceburg 4/28 Who will be King of the Midwest?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
I’m no wing guy but 5 of the top 10 at the Mopar Million were wing guys up againsts the best non wing guys in the world. 3 of the top 5 were full time wing guys. Second place had never raced without a wing and was on Goodyear’s. On a side note glad to see the Burg have a nice payday. I would have loved to won King Of The Midwest and would have proudly wore the Crown and Cape.

Two things to your statement, The winged guys that finished in the top ten in the Mopar Million had at least twice as many laps on Eldora than the NW guys. And. Eldora runs basically the same way either way. Straight and smooth, no binding. Not taking a thing away from their runs, just stating facts. Jac ran several NW races there, USAC, CRA. Stevie and Steve did impress me though, It was fun to watch. I talked with Dickie Gaines after the race at the Million and he was happy as a lark. Said if he'd of known his lane had slowed he'd of moved up. But it worked for him getting him from 15th to 1st before falling back to third.

BTW, He's the Defending King of the Midwest who came from a straight away back to pass multi time KISS champ and reigning King of the Midwest at that time Stanbrough.

See ya at the races!

2 members like this post: bsmith8, jim goerge