View Single Post
7/6/10, 9:06 AM   #7
Re: Heartland Thunder
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
I find it interesting that the makes of the series couldn't sell it to the folks over at Speed. Now, I know I am pretty hard on Speed, but let's face it. I thought that it was supposed to be channel that covers racing, or at least shows about racing. Instead we get reality shows about tow truck drivers, car part commercials disguised as hot rod shows, rich people selling their reconditioned cars to richer people (not that it is bad to be rich), a redneck version of American Idol wrapped in Nascar clothing, and Nascar, Nascar and more Nascar.

Now, I could see where the Discovery Channel demographic would not be very interested in a show like Heartland Thunder, but really, after only two episodes? Does a rerun of Sturgis really pull in more viewers? Okay, biker chicks. That wasn't a fair question.

Now, I am not a huge fan of racing reality shows like Heartland Thunder or Madhouse, but at least they ARE shows about racing. Oh, wait. Now I know why they aren't on Speed. Never mind.
Gotta agree with you, some show's should only be 30 minutes long, too much yellin and in your face screamin, isn't my idea of intertainment, even American Pickers would probably get boring if it ran more than an hour, same with Pawn Stars, I guess my taste in TV is OLD, but I find it very interesting, to see what is out there, that people collect, we all do it, so it's fun, and not loud, and people arguing, to me it's about as close to real intertainment as you can get, and enjoy the popcorn, and a cold drink! Bob