Thread: Gas City
View Single Post
2/4/14, 10:45 AM   #8
Re: Gas City
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Williams Sr. View Post
Please give Mel Botkin some time to get his ducks in a row. Mr. Botkin just recently signed the lease to operate Gas City I - 69 Speedway.

FYI - I no longer do announcing at Gas City. Last September when they asked me if I was returning I told them 17 years was long enough and they needed to find some "new blood" to do the PA work. So I don't have a dog in this fight.

Maybe qualifications, trophy dash, another open wheel class and/or other ideas to surface soon(if things work out as Mel hopes).

Should be an exciting 2014 season at Gas City I -69 Speedway.

Danny Williams Sr.

Sorry to hear that you won't be back Danny. I always enjoyed your work and hope that you can have some time to be just a race fan. Unfortunately, I doubt that they can find anyone with your experience to replace you. Big shoes to fill for sure.

I also agree that we need to give Mel some time. I have known Mel for over 30 years and he has the knowledge to make this work. We all just need to think SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: dirt330, fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright