View Single Post
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #30 8/30/21 9:21 PM
Originally Posted by Russ:
Being part of the Chamber of Commerce or attending a Jack Rabbits game is not going to bring the local race fan, casual fan or local racer back to the track.

I can appreciate the efforts they have made in improving the old place. The catch fence, lighting, the area in front of the main grandstand and the back stretch grandstand were much needed improvements.

For whatever reason the track has made the decision to pretty much be a big show track. And that's cool....it's their track. Believe me, this has been pointed out to dozens of us by the owner of the place. But they have priced the casual fan out of attending. A family of 4 or 5 can not afford the price of admission. Not to mention the additional cost of food or drinks.

The local racer can no longer justify the cost of building a car to race there because they only get included in a few shows a year. Thunder Car, Street Stock, Modified, Hornet or even lower budget Sprint Car teams have found alternative places to race. And their family and friends have went with them.

I know you love the Kokomo Speedway and I can relate to that. For almost 50 years I was the biggest fan the place ever had. I would start checking the weather forecast for Sunday on Monday morning. The treatment I have witnessed of some local racers and fans at the place has changed my feelings.
Ok so I understand now, I was under the impression that we were not promoting good or they weren’t doing their job, but you just don’t like their schedule. I get it now, well I’m glad we have them as owners and they run something through the year, could be leveled and something built on it. Or **** maybe you can buy it and see unfortunately that local races do not bring in the money that special shows do.

Josh Spencer
3 Likes: oppweld, rapid robert, tirespinner