View Single Post
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #27 8/30/21 8:09 PM
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer:
Hey Russ, just wanted to clarify somethings. First of all the O’Connor’s have busted their butts to make the Kokomo Speedway one of the best track in the world! Yes, my wife and I help the speedway out because we live in Kokomo and I love the Kokomo Speedway. Here are a few things the Kokomo Speedway is involved with in our city to promote the track.

They are a member of the Kokomo Chamber of Commerce, which almost every business is involved with and all of these businesses work together to discuss events each other is having, so all of the hotels in town should know what’s going on at the track because they meet once a month.

They attend all of the events in Kokomo to promote the track such as, Jack Rabbits games, car shows, Haynes Apperson Festival and parade, and many more.

They advertise on all of the local radio stations and the track is also discussed on WWKI Mail Call program which is on Mon.-Fri. 9:30-1030. WWKI was also live at the track on Thursday night at the Smackdown.

They advertise in all of the local papers. Which are on their Calendar of events in the Perspective on Wednesday. Also in the calendar of events on Fridays of the Kokomo Tribune.

They are on all of the Social Media outlets, but Instagram.

Before COVID-19 we were in all of the local schools and colleges spreading the word snd even have discounts for students.

Believe me they are working very hard with the City of Kokomo and promote A LOT through the city!! Hope this clears up any confusion. Also if there are any suggestions for them to do better let me know or the ladies at the front, so we can better our program!

Thanks, Josh Spencer
I want to publicly thank Mr.Josh Spencer for his assistance/guidance. As I have noted, we were newbies to the Smackdown. A while back I posted on here about places to stay, places to eat, etc. in Kokomo. Josh was kind enough to respond to me with multiple recommendations and his feedback was entirely spot on. He was/is a great ambassador for Kokomo Speedway and the city of Kokomo.
11 Likes: Charles Nungester, duel, erich45, JarrettFarms73, Josh Spencer, nedra_bahler_835@com, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright, tirespinner, TNRustler