View Single Post
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #35 1/13/15 9:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ray3:
I wish people would quit putting titles on midgets that happen to run 4 valve overhead cam engines. You are doing a disservice to midget racing by doing so. The Badger Midgets are the Badger Midgets regardless of the engine package. If you want to call midgets in Florida D2 or whatever, that is your prerogative, but don't put a title on something that isn't yours to put titles on!! I see guys run Ecotecs and Hondas with POWRi quite often but people don't point at them and say "hey theres a D2 midget running with other midgets." In fact, if I do recall correctly, a 4 valve overhead cam engine has run in the top 5 in POWRi competition as recent as last year and another won with NEMA as recent as last season.
I actually agree with this. Every single time the Illini Midgets were at Angell Park, the fans would go get their concessions/go to the bathroom when they were on the track. Constantly mumbling how they "slow midgets" were on the track. I would always stay and watch because the racing was actually better than the national midgets in most cases. Yes, the speed isnt there, but I am a fan of wheel to wheel racing (part of the huge reason I LOVE Indiana bullrings). I hope they can just call them midgets and not do anything that might deter the speed freaks from coming to watch a show.
3 Likes: El1teBr33ze, jdull99, tandtinc2424