View Single Post
9/1/15, 7:38 PM   #29
Re: ID Help, Vintage Champ Car
lllosingit2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
There is a NICE, Nance car for sale on Ebay right now, it has some similarities to the car you have, only this one is ready to race, no redo this, and redo that, slip in your PG, and put your required lights on it, may cost more up front, but this one is not a hack! Bob
The Nance is very nice and I would consider if I didn't already own this one. My car needs some work but Bob “Booby” Thompson at Jockos Sprint Parts said he could do the work over the winter so I know it will be done right and safe.
I actually like the idea of starting with what I have because then I can build it to my taste, I'm probably just going to redo the brake and fuel system and put on the parts required to get it titled then I'll tear it down and have the cage added and add about 6"-8" in the drivers compartment and possibly put the LS3 in it complete with EFI so it will be as simple as jumping in any other car and driving away. I already have a new wiring harness and lights and LS3 sitting in the shed so I don't really have much to buy. Motor plates are cheap and the LS3 will adapt easily to the powerglide and it should all fit under the hood without modifying anything. As much as I would like to turn it into a hot rod sprint car it will probably be done to look like an authentic sprinter ready to hit the track.