View Single Post
2/19/18, 2:15 PM   #49
Re: Daytona crowd so small today
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
From interviews toward the end of the season, then interviews this week......Am I the only one that feels like I am watching people go to work at a job they do not enjoy?....Have they lost enthusiasm? Especially the older drivers, seems to me that they do not have the passion, do not enjoy, do not have the fire? Have the older drivers made to much money? I do not know, maybe it is just me? I just get the feeling that 50% of the driver population is doing us a favor by participating?

Seems the younger drivers with the smaller % based contracts have more enthusiasm?
I don't think the money is the issue, but the difference in enthusiasm between younger and older drivers is to me, experience. Everything that use to make NASCAR exciting is gone, but the headaches and ******** have only increased. It use to require skill and experience to wheel a Cup car around, but now that so much technology has been allowed in, that at tracks like Daytona/Talledega all you need to do is hold your foot down and race by simply getting in someone else's way. The cars use to be difficult to manage, a heavy handful. Now they hire spokes models and teach them to operate a car at high speeds, but not how to race. The engines rarely blow, the tires rarely go flat and the cars are so tough you can bang on them all day. The 600 at Charlotte use to be one of my favorites because of the endurance factor on car and driver, now its just too long. They need to take it back to factory engines, not purpose built engineering marvels, but the same engine that comes in your truck. Go back to bias ply tires with NO inner liner. Lastly do away with spoilers, air dams, restrictor plates, bump stops and go back to 8 inch wide tires from the 60's. 2 car team max. There is more, but I'm bored with their whole disgusting show.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART, Scott Daloisio