Thread: Winter tqs
View Single Post
11/1/09, 9:30 PM   #36
Re: Winter tqs
speidel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide22 View Post
why not go to an all 600cc rule. I'm sure the new 600's put out the same/more as those old tq engines... and they're a dime a dozen for less than $1000 on ebay..
or why not stick to the rules since most of the guys out there aren't going to convert to another engine if they have to. this is brought up every winter and it gets kinda old really quick. you can run something other then a Honda, Willis ran three different brands of engines this season and was competitive, you just have to do it within the rules as Charlie stated. Why change something that is going great and still attracting a good car count. I do understand what TQ14 is stating as far as referring to engine cost. But a big engine isn't always a must to be competitive. a few races in the 40x car this season we ran a stock Economy engine that had been sitting around for awhile in a car that was the heaviest of all the cars when all the cars got weighed (even had a steel rear axle)and we led and just about won 2 of the 3 features we ran with it. J bird just had to work a little harder on the setup and prep the track with a special magical groove for me. Not a knock to J bird as he has a nice machine now. Not saying a spruced up strong engine like Steve has in his car doesn't help and make it easier but can still be competitive otherwise if things are clicking. Just ask Bob McClure (tq29m) about how much he has invested in his engine and he is still very competitive every week. I forget from memory on what engine he runs and how much money he has in it but its basically a stock 600 and he does it within the rules, very competitively. I think it's great to have someone like Charlie around to enforce the rules and keep things in perspective.
Last edited by speidel21; 11/1/09 at 9:31 PM.

1 member likes this post: Uncle_Charlie