View Single Post
1/19/18, 6:42 AM   #85
Re: USAC outlaw all cockpit adjusters
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKRacing View Post
...If the racers (car owners and drivers) have issues with it let them speak up. Otherwise all the crap being talked is pointless. USAC and many other sanctioning bodies are doing what they (and engineers, doctors, safety personnel) think will help better prevent injuries. I know butlerbuilt added 3 stage foam to their headrest a few years ago. Long before Dixons indycar issue. The seats and other safety equipment have come a long way. Racing will NEVER be safe. Its just how the sport works. Its sad, but its true.
There in lies the rub, "Think will help". Thats the issue I take with things being mandated without, "knowing". With firesuits, people like Mr Simpson proved with conclusive evidence that his firesuits WOULD protect and not HARM. With FC seats a lot of it is well meant and it does contain and support the driver very well. But look at a HANS device, it allows the head to move, but in a limited motion. Brain injuries are different. All I'm saying is more is to be learned before mandating FC seats.
Last edited by Aces&Eights; 1/19/18 at 9:22 AM.