View Single Post
7/18/19, 3:11 PM   #11
Re: Gas City Is the Cool Place to Be for Sprint Week
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmax3 View Post
Jerry does an awesome job of promoting Gas City. He does everything he can to make it a fan friendly experience! Hopefully he will soon be able to convince the owner to change those uncomfortable front grandstands.
When I used to go to Gas City every week, I thought they should raise the boards that people sit on (the board closest to the track on each row) by about 6 inches. I think they could do it using something like what you see in the main seating area on the front stretch at Eldora. They built up the seating boards about 6 inches on top of the concrete there. I think they could do the same thing at Gas City. Leave the current side-by-side boards so people could put their feet in that area under the row in front of them. Then build a row for seats on top of that front board on each row. Maybe they could get a local lumber company to help sponsor it and save some money on what they would need to do it. The Carter Lumber on the south side of Marion used to sponsor a few events every year. I think that would be more affordable than building an entirely new set of bleachers.

1 member likes this post: Eatin Dirt