View Single Post
9/13/22, 11:46 PM   #11
Re: Why not on Wednesday nights
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
I can only remember two pavement tracks that ran season long mid-week schedules: Raceway Park in Blue Island, IL. Track now closed. Wisconsin International Raceway still runs a regular Thursday night schedule. Check out their website if you want to see their schedule.

Dale, I think you answered your own question. What teams, fans and families are gonna sit through a 4 hour show on a Wed? Throw in track delays, rain delays and any other delay. And go to work the next morning? Mid-week shows are fine for occasional special events. Look at Kokomo. How many Sunday nights to do they run now? Think we've got enough occasional mid-week shows to enjoy over the summer.
Another paved track, and not in IN, but State Park Speedway in Wausau, WI; has been on Thursdays as long as I have known (not sure how long tho).

http://stateparkspeedway.com/news/ (Owned by former NASCAR driver Scott Wimmer, of recent)

Have heard stories that either here, or WIR, the local plant paid their employees on Thursdays, so it was a good night to have the races (as most of the people in the area had just got paid).

Two more pavement tracks not in IN: LaCrosse (West Salem, WI) used to run on Wednesdays. Rockford Speedway (Loves Park, IL); used to have a Wednesday night program (in addition to Saturdays). Those have gone away.

But it would be cool if someone picked that up for a weekly track in IN. Ideally some guys could try to live the racer life and race 2-3 nights a week and supplement their income with their take home of few hundred dollars thru the season.

But what about a track that is in IN? Paved, but didn't the Speedrome really run weekly on Thursdays (or Wednesdays)?
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 9/13/22 at 11:50 PM.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, tirespinner