View Single Post
11/4/19, 10:33 AM   #4
Re: IMS Sold to Penske
jdull99

https://speedsport.com/indy/indycar-...ndycar-series/

Well...this is basically what he wanted in 1979...I don't feel the best about someone that already wins as much as they do (can not say "Dominate", as the IRL rules HAVE kept the playing field very level, but Penske always finds a way to win Indy & championships...); but it DOES say a lot about the series, being on a continued uptick (ratings, etc). Roger wouldn't do it to lose $ (altho I can't blv much is being made on the Smart car dealers he owns?...at least yet anyway...).

THANKFULLY that dirt track on the infield was already built! He'da never thought of that...I'm certain it is a $ maker, so likely he will keep it...

What will he do with the Brickyard 400??? Can't see him losing $ on that every year...(I still think run it on a Sept Saturday, then have the Indy champ Sunday - either on the road coarse or two 150milers on the oval...) - it will take someone like Roger too get that kind of "double-header" scheduled...Cup won't want Indycars to out-shine them...

Hope Tony George takes his cut & buys USAC...can't see the connections between that & Roger being too much...

I hope Roger makes it so NO races go against NASCAR (so he can be at both) and people like me don't ever have to have both of them on at the same time...lol (I know, the struggle is real...lol) - altho, lots of times, they do work out so its maybe only half an hour or so overlap...espscly when NBC has both of them on...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 11/4/19 at 10:35 AM.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, nathans1012, oppweld, tirespinner, TNRustler