Thread: Yeah Tony...
View Single Post
6/28/16, 8:08 PM   #13
Re: Yeah Tony...
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Okay. Okay. I'll meet you half way here, bud. I wasn't all inclusive with my earlier post.
Nonetheless, I agree - point made with respect to your post. The BTCC is a little reckless at times. But I also cannot recall them throwing out the Safety Car for a small piece of debris, such as NASCAR, to get a Jason Plato back to the front. Usually when they deploy the Safety Car it is for getting a car that is buried out of a tyre stack or one sitting on the track with only three wheels left on it.

I do not wish to argue any point here, however I do stand firm that NASCAR can manipulate races and outcomes more than anyone, and they did so this past Sunday. They got what they want now. It is what it is and a fan of that series should always know what to expect.

Thanks for listening, flatout. Good point you made.
All good on this side! Completely agree re:NASCAR....that is the nature of this beast that has taken over the premier spot in motorsports in the States. They've been manipulating races probably longer than I've been alive! Sadly, they've made their name off of rubbin's racing. Personally, I think any other driver would have made the same exact move with as wide as Hamlin left that door open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
Ray Lewis. People forgot his trial when he won. I'd never compare him to Ray Rice. Ray Rice was convicted of a crime. Ray Lewis and Tony were not convicted of any wrong doing but people still judge regardless.
My bad, I think I mis-interpreted your post, and I meant Ray Rice, not sure why my fingers typed Lewis, guess cause his deal was more current.