View Single Post
10/19/10, 5:22 PM   #5
Re: IndyCar/USAC Partnership?
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I noticed and said something on here about mid season that USAC's trailer colors were changed to those of the IndyCar colors (black and red). Not saying that means there is something up, but it got the wheels turning in my head at the time....still kept it in the back of my mind. I have also noticed that IMS has been putting some USAC highlights on their blog posts. Sounds like something is up.

I'd like to see them partner in some form. Both could benefit from the other IMO. I'm telling you, some of the gap Nascar had enjoyed is slipping. The time is now to close some of that up. I hope both sides can see some sort of partnership makes both better. I'd like to see the old days were a guy still ran sprints and ran some of the bigger ovals in an IndyCar. I lay most of this at Randy Bernard's door. The guys sees the WHOLE picture....some others have not.

USAC guys getting a shot at the Speedway is what hooked me on that kind of racing. That needs to return and sounds like there is actual hope this time. I know the IRL gave short trackers a chance, but some great drivers were still in CART at the split. I'd like to see it all under one roof again.
Last edited by openwheelKT; 10/19/10 at 5:36 PM.