View Single Post
12/7/17, 4:06 PM   #7
Re: Pontiac Silverdome
chop

I liked that 1st midget race. Roger Penske bought me dinner at that race. A local midget racer from Kalamazoo had a sponsor from a Big Boy restaurant. At the time the Silver dome had a Big Boy restaurant above one of the end zones. So we got a deal on a charter bus trip for that race and got to sit in the restaurant for the races. At some point during the afternoon show. We turn around and sitting at the other side of our large table was Rodger Penske with indy 500 winner Tom Sneva. Rodger looks around, call the waitress over and tells her to get food for every one at the table ( I think I can call him Rodger because we are dinner buds now. lol) Also between the afternoon races and the night time part all the drivers came up and got food. Not sure if Rodger paid for that or not. I did not think about it till on the way home, but I had this cool program with all the drivers pictures and information about them. Should have been a brave kid and gotten all of them to sign it. Guess I should just be happy to eat lunch with Rodger and Tom

6 members like this post: duel, erich45, i love dirt track racing, jdull99, mc/rider, ronmil