View Single Post
8/8/08, 10:33 AM   #48
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
Seadog

Quote:
...What gets me is we all make mistakes now and then but god god USAC has been around how long? They should be running like a well oiled machine by now...
Kind of like Nascar (the biggest form of racing and has been around longer than USAC) at the Brickyard 400 a couple of weeks ago?:rolleyes:

I wasn't there last night, but the way I see it is: bottom line - no one's safety or life was compromised.:thumb People wasted some time and money.:thumbsdown: Mistakes were made and USAC's Miller has admitted responsibility.:thumb I believe there are other factors that people here on this board know nothing about that relate to what happened last night. But Miller "manned up" and took responsibility and did not want to throw anybody else under the bus.

We are all quick to jump on USAC for a mistake, but how many around here give them an "atta boy" for all the rest of the good stuff they do? Not many.

Anybody out there remember when Winchester was repaved and it put so much G loading on the standard midget wheels that they had to cancel the race? We all lived through that and most probably forgot about it.

Anybody remember the CART debacle at Texas a few years ago when drivers blacked out from G forces? They had to cancel that race. And yet we all survived.

The good news is we will all be able to have fun at the races another day.

If you never go to a USAC race again because of this, that's up to you. I will continue to go because it is still the best racing on the planet, mistakes and all.