View Single Post
7/15/23, 8:59 AM   #1
Who thinks it’s better?
flagboy55

Just refurbished my old soapbox after this weekend’s Million, and I’m going to climb up on it. There’s room for more, and I hope you will join me, but I have absolutely no problem standing alone, with a beer in one hand and a cigar in the other proclaiming my stance. Who, on God’s green earth thinks it’s better to have a break in a Sprint Car Race? I truly hate the idea, I mean with a passion. It’s uselessness was on full display Thursday night at Eldora as coming out of the break as a crash that took out some good cars and basically caused the rest of the race to be, in my opinion, kind of a snooze fest. We had 7 race fans in the garage watching the event. Now these are veterans, who have been watching for a long time. We took a poll, and the result was unanimous. The question was 40 laps straight or 50 with a break? I’m pretty sure you guys know how that went, 40 was an emphatic winner. I hate it at Knoxville, I hate it at the Tusky, and anywhere else it’s implemented. Kinda goes against the definition of Sprint Race. Anyhow, the beer is cold up here on my soapbox, come on up and join me