View Single Post
12/9/09, 8:19 PM   #7
Re: 2010 midget rule change?
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by modirt19 View Post
Wonder who came up with this bright idea?
It looks like to me Toyota behind this since their motors hit the the power about 8800-9000 rpm.
Don't forget about how USAC needs to operate-$$$$$$$
Maybe go to a 8" wide RR
The wonderful guys at USAC that want to make sure Toyota is happy so they have vehicles to drive around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2 View Post
Mistake in my opinion. Forcing the racers to redesign/retune engines is going to hurt the car count and they need all the cars they can get with sponsors pulling out and teams leaving the series. If they want to help the series, they need to do something to reduce costs not increase them.
They don't care. They would rather LIE, and yes I said LIE, to the racers and tell us how they are protecting us from ourselves......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevracer58 View Post
Is it the perfect solution? No
Will it help? Somewhat, at least it's a step in the right direction

We don't need another spec racing series.
Well how is it a good idea if you make 75% of your members have to spend thousands of dollars to be competative and allow all Toyota users (all of which are free motor deals) to not have to change a thing.

What is all boils down to is USAC is listening to a manufacture, and not the members that make these races happen. Maybe now is time to start another series and finally sink USAC
Last edited by Heromaker; 12/9/09 at 8:20 PM.

3 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, mowerman, old timer 38