View Single Post
3/31/08, 7:21 PM   #10
Re: POWRi at DuQuoin
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Hmmm... speedy1. Where were you with ur opinions when almost every midget owner (except me) in America was mortgaging all their possessions to fill the pockets of the two promoters in Tulsa? Don't fault Brown and Siner when the biggest midget promotion in the country pays a penny purse and all the midget crowd can't wait to get in the door and go broke. The two Tulsa guys set a terrible example for Brown and Siner and all the other midget promoters in the world of how to Scr$# the participants and yet the midget guys walk out of there with a smile on their face. If by any chance the new leadership of the USAC would ever bother to think of instituting some drastic rules to lower the costs of running a midget team, instead of 26 midgets/80 mini sprints.. we would see 80 midgets/80 mini sprints at DuQuoin. Look for snowballs in July in Florida before that happens. In the meantime, I'm sitting here clipping coupons so I can keep my team alive for the sixth year I've been in racing. And I just got done reading the ad advertising the $37,000 plus Fontana midget engine telling me if I want to be upfront that I have to have it. I think I hear Sonny And Cher singing AND THE BEAT GOES ON............

Don Moore
midget number 10
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeees back and slamming Tulsa which is 8 months away.

WOW