View Single Post
7/6/10, 8:22 AM   #6
Re: Heartland Thunder
cmakin

I find it interesting that the makes of the series couldn't sell it to the folks over at Speed. Now, I know I am pretty hard on Speed, but let's face it. I thought that it was supposed to be channel that covers racing, or at least shows about racing. Instead we get reality shows about tow truck drivers, car part commercials disguised as hot rod shows, rich people selling their reconditioned cars to richer people (not that it is bad to be rich), a redneck version of American Idol wrapped in Nascar clothing, and Nascar, Nascar and more Nascar.

Now, I could see where the Discovery Channel demographic would not be very interested in a show like Heartland Thunder, but really, after only two episodes? Does a rerun of Sturgis really pull in more viewers? Okay, biker chicks. That wasn't a fair question.

Now, I am not a huge fan of racing reality shows like Heartland Thunder or Madhouse, but at least they ARE shows about racing. Oh, wait. Now I know why they aren't on Speed. Never mind.