View Single Post
11/24/09, 7:55 PM   #1
What are you thankful for?
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I was wondering just what everyone was thankful for. This is a time of year to reflect on the things that we so often take for granted. Here are a few of mine.

Thank you for Bill Gardner and his wonderful IOW board that has allowed me to meet many race fans that I would have never met otherwise. IOW is THE place for auto racing news, results, schedules, etc. It allows me to hear from knowledgeable race fans, drivers, car owners, promoters, who offer insight into the state of auto racing. It also provides a place for everyone to discuss topics and hash and rehash things over and over. I don't always agree, but I try to respect others opinions.

Thank you for our men and women who are bravely serving our country so that I can be free to enjoy the wonderful things that this great country has to offer. Please remember them with me this year as they are away from their families this holiday season. Say a prayer or two for their safety. They risk their lives everyday so we can remain free.

This year I am especially thankful for my grandson Andrew. As many of you know, the past couple of years have been really difficult in his fight with the big C. The good Lord has answered many of our prayers. I appreciate all of the medical team that in anyway treated him over the past couple of years. I also owe so many of you a huge thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, encouragement and notes during his illness. Here is hoping that we all can look back and find something to be thankful for.

Now, what is it that you are thankful for?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: Ovalmeister, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright