1/30/15, 7:51 PM   #35
Re: The Great Name Debate
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Dick

The only problem is we don't have a lot of young fans in the bleachers. If you went to any race track around Indiana and looked around, you won't be bothered with a bunch of kids running around or young family's. What you will see are a bunch of set in their ways upper middle age old people, who know exactly what they want to watch.
THAT is not JUST an Indiana problem!!

BRP had at most 150 fans on Wed. night for crate late models paying $2000.00 to win
Last night he had EXACTLY 91 people in the stands EXACTLY paying $3000.00 to win.

We as a WHOLE need to wake the hell up cause tracks are DYING all over the US...

What have you guys that are going to DuQuoin need week down to help promote it?

Yes I am the promoter and this Gator"DIRT"National is my race but the track does little to promote. I have put 690 miles on my truck in the last week passing out flyers dragging my car all over Jacksonville and surrounding areas in the open trailer and have had nothing but good response. Going tomorrow to the new Autobahn and put my car there. Will also give out over 1000 free tickets Buy 1 pass get 1 free for Thursday nights race.

The point is I have done that at many tracks throughout my 45 years of racing cause we need the fans. Now more so than ever. Don't just ask "what can this series or track do for me" look at the BIG PICTURE...What can you do for the Series or Track....

Thanks Bill Jones for Picking up the tab for the trophies next week at DuQuoin. Wish I could make it!!!!!

1 last thing "If we do not debate or discuss it even on these forms, we don't know!" I personally think it is a good thing....we all have our own opinion but I will say be constructive as it has been but if you want change or not, don't just set idle!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2 members like this post: jjones752, SWScaleChassis