View Single Post
11/18/20, 12:51 PM   #2
Re: Windom
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
It takes a lot for me to be truly critical of any of these drivers who wheel these machines I’ve watched for my entire life, especially ones as talented as Windom. However, his driving style continues to disappoint.

Schatz could’ve dumped someone to win the WoO title last year but didn’t. Justin Grant could’ve dumped Windom in the final race the year Chris won the sprint title but didn’t. Windom, though, has no problem driving full throttle into the final corner to wipe someone out for the championship. Perhaps he’s one of our USAC guys who deserves a shot at the big leagues, a very Logano-esque move last night.

There are countless other incidents. Last year at the Grove in the Silver Crown car, he drove through Buckwalter on the last lap. It’s not always for the lead, either. If Windom has to come through the pack, you can generally count on someone having a wrecked race car thanks to his efforts. A race early this year when he totally destroyed Bacon comes to mind.

And when the shoe is on the other foot, he does things like get out and throw his steering wheel at Tyler Thomas under yellow after Tyler barely touched his left front at the 2016 Smackdown. And that wasn’t enough for “Big Daddy,” he also had to make sure he started a brawl on the front stretch after the race. He also threw a fit this year when Cole Bodine spun from the lead and Windom got collected while running fourth as if Bodine somehow did so intentionally.

I know I’m just a bleacher, keyboard warrior. Clearly, whatever Windom has done, it’s worked for him. He joined the small list of Triple Crown winners last night. It’s just been frustrating as a fan to see the amount of dirty moves he’s made, cars he’s crashed and temper tantrums he’s thrown. Anyway, just my opinion as I’m feeling disappointed in the conclusion to an otherwise thrilling midget season. Congrats to Buddy Kofoid. Seeing him out-duel Larson was very fun to watch.

- Disgruntled Keyboard Jockey
With all that's happened in 2020 you should be happy you got to see ANY racing this year.