View Single Post
1/18/22, 3:54 PM   #18
Re: MavTv
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
So, there are two threads wrapped into one. One thread is the Mav vs Flo conversation, and the hijacked topic of everything that is wrong with the Chili Bowl. Getting back to the original thread.....

I think that the final three races should be on Mav instead of Flo. Mav has a much larger subscription base that Flo has. Mav has fans that may not already be Chili Bowl fans. With Mav there is a chance to reach new fans.

Finally, I think that people forget that Flo had five days of practice to get as efficient as they were on Saturday. If Mav had five days of practice, they would have been much better. I have read people complain about the announcers, but they can can only talk about what is in front of them in the monitors. I think that the control room is where Mav needs to work on their performance.
Mav has had 6 years of practice as they started broadcasting it in 2015. Definitely miss Dave Despain. If I remember correctly most every year there's been a long delay to the feature and it's always ended close to if not a little after Midnight on Central time. This has been the most watched event in Mav's history, so they get a lot of advertisers and who can blame them. I'm sure they are paying a hefty sum to broadcast it and it would be nice if the promoters would add some of that to the purse.

4 members like this post: jdull99, rimrider69, tirespinner, treecitytornado