View Single Post
7/27/08, 3:15 PM   #7
Re: Jack Hewitt...back in the saddle...
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
This just about makes me sick, Jack you mean to much to too many people to risk what is left of your life let alone the people on the track with you. Does it take balls to say this to you on the web? NO because I will say it to your face, please stick with helping, coaching a young up and coming driver to be half of what you ARE. I know you want to race more than anything and I also know there is no therapy for true legends like yourself but please do me a personal favor and hang your helmet up for good. Josh said some stupid out of control punk would end someones racing career, please do not let it be yours you mean too much to too many people. The days of punching someone in the nose are sadly gone, so are the days of respect, you my friend deserve much more respect than some of these drivers are capable of giving. I say this with respect for you as a man and as a friend. :respect:

Jerry Spencer #66j
www.joshspencer.com
Wow, We totally agree with you Jerry. We were almost in tears when we read that he had climbed back into a car. We know the feeling all to well of a racer retired still LOVING the sport and wanting so BADLY to compete, but, there comes a time for everyone when you have to walk away. Jack you were injured really bad at North Vernon and you have never completely recovered from that, PLEASE don't take that chance again. We consider you a friend and we value you as that and we want to see you around for many many years to come. Hang that helmet up and hang onto your status as the legend you are. That is more than enough.