View Single Post
1/2/14, 3:51 PM   #2
Re: What do you miss?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Qualifying, Fast car dashes and total inverts is what I miss. Also all winners each race got a victory lane photo. Now the cars are off the track before a announcer says Give him a big round of applause.

Bert Swafford who flew in every week to announce from IDK where and mispronounced names for years. Never knew till years later that Salaminno was really Salaminto and Crabs was Krebs and Emery Link was really Ember.

About the only track I hit with Dad as a Kid was Lburg about five times a year. In my teems I hit almost every track from Cincy to Erie following wings with Bloomington, Brownstown and Twin Cities and Florence at which I crewed a Street Stock Did three nights a week in the late 80s with Union County which ran many sprint shows and I discovered Robby Stanley's hidden tallent of finding his own groove Florence on Sat with Street stock/LM and Sunday Burg ran LMs Emods and bombers.

Strange thing about this little world of ours, I've seen people for years who Im still meeting and getting to know for the first time. I also know several people that when Specials became the norm and kids under 12 started getting charged, NEVER CAME BACK.