View Single Post
5/27/09, 11:50 PM   #5
Re: USAC Indiana Sprint week help
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

1. Call Haubstadt right now for reserved seat(s).
2. I stay in the Wyndham hotels family (Super 8, Travelodge, etc.) in Terre Haute. Excellent breakfast (or lunch) at the Coffee Cup Family restaurant just north of Interstate 70 on Route 41 in Terre Haute (right next to IHOP).
3. I think the nearest to Boswell is Lafayette/West Lafayette, unless someone on here knows a friendly farmer. I still remember driving from Boswell to Kokomo after the first IMW race. Really dark most of the way.
4. I am guessing that you could save some money if you drove south on Route 37 after the races in Bloomington to Bedford. I think there are at least 2, if not more, motels there. And my favorite road to Haubstadt is at Bedford,
U. S. Route 50. It is very pretty, but also curvy and up and down hills. Depends on whether you like that sort of thing. Bloomington tends to have motel rooms which are a little higher than most places in Indiana, probably because it is a university town. Personally, I stay at the Motel 6 in Bloomington, but hesitate to recommend it because of the likelihood that you will have some sort of staff screw-up. I have some really good stories about my experiences there, but you have to have a tolerance for some adventure to stay there. Best price in Bloomington, however. If you get to Bloomington early enough, they have a bunch of good places to eat downtown, because the university is right next to that area. Want variety? How many places have not one, but two Tibetian restaurants. I can't think of names right now, but I know that some of this board's Bloomington members will have some suggestions.

Just south of Interstate 64, which is just south of Haubstadt, there is an excellent buffet on the left. I highly recommend it.

Frank Daigh