View Single Post
5/27/09, 11:23 PM   #4
Re: USAC Indiana Sprint week help
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan84 View Post
I am going to pick up the sprint week starting with Terre Haute and finishing up with Haubstadt. I have only been to the sprint week at Haubstadt. My question is should I go ahead and get reserved seats now or get them at the track? Also any ideas on good places to stay between the Terre Haute and Boswell, between Boswell and Bloomington, and Bloomington and Haubstadt. Thanks in advance.
In my opinion, come feature time when the lights are on and the background is dark, up high on the backstretch at Haubstadt is the best seat in sprint racing. Plus, during daylight the sun is not in your face, as you're facing East. Since a lot of people go to the Sprint Week race and the entire upper sections are reserved, getting a reserved seat is the only way to go. Terre Haute is similar in that the only way you can guarantee that you'll be where you want to be is to buy yourself a reserved seat. I like being up high and towards the center of the track. One option is the east side of the open grandstand. Since there are no reserved seats in that grandstand, many of the seats towards the top get marked off with blankets or tape. Getting reserved tickets in Sections A or B guarantees you'll have a pretty good view of the whole track. But, that's just what I usually do. Many sit in the open grandstand.

Stephen pretty much covered all you need to know on your hotel options.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/27/09 at 11:25 PM.