Thread: Support Staab
View Single Post
5/20/08, 7:07 AM   #25
Re: Support Staab
tjtomthumb

I hope USAC tries to keep Greg Staab on board. Greg has always made it a point to speak when I see him and if you have a suggestion or comment, for or against a USAC policy, he will at least politely listen to what you have to say.

I used to be very active with DARF "Dayton Auto Racing Fan" Club and every year on the 4th Tuesday of March is our "Promoter's Night Meeting", which is a night all track promoters that support DARF, sanctioning bodies etc. are invited to attend and make announcements about their plans and schedules for the upcoming season. This is always a "standing room only" packed house meeting of members, fans, press people, promoters and sanctioning body representatives. This meeting is held in Dayton, OH and Greg has made sure he personally and usually one other person is there every year making the trip from the Indy area to pass out schedules, talk to the members, chat with the promoters and press in a relaxed setting and promote USAC.

I think USAC in the long run will, if they let Staab leave, definitely regret it. If there is some differences of opinion, or whatever the reason is, I hope all involved will sit down and try to work things out.

Even though USAC is probably the best open wheel sanctioning body to Greg Staab and where he prefers to be, I really don't see him walking away from open wheel racing, and if I was USAC, I think I would rather have Greg onboard with USAC than being offered a position with a different organization down the road, as he will work very hard at promoting open wheel racing, no matter where he is or what organization he is with.

Whatever happens, we wish Greg and USAC the best of luck.