View Single Post
9/22/14, 11:48 AM   #34
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan48moore View Post
The 305 race saver class is huge. It works. In the Dallas area of Texas there are roughly 200 cars. It's growing and I know when I left they put on good shows and were only a .5 second slower than 360 cars. Inverting fields will make the racing exciting. The problem is to think a sprintcar is cheap. Sure you can build a car for 10k but to be competitive, different story. It's racing and it's not cheap. I spend the same amount racing 410 as I did 305. Don't be fooled there are 25k racesaver motors. New tires, bars, all still help. Good way to get a wing class started. But to say sprint car and cheap in the same sentence!!!
When they first started in DFW, they had many of the same critics and complaints, but it has grown. I am not sure if they are still doing this in DFW, but one of the tennants of the class was to eliminate the top end pay but boost starting pay. It was not unheard of to race for $300 to win, but $200 to start. I took the following text directly from the racsaver web site.

Did you know that the average sprint car purse pays the winner 10 times the amount earned by the 24th place car? Races run under RACESAVER® plan pay the 24th starter at least 1/2 of the winner's purse. A typical purse would pay the winner between $150 to $300 and the 24th starter $100 to $150. No, that isn't a lot of money, but that is exactly the plan. Big money, brings big problems. You can be competitive for under $150 per night. Now you can race, pay the mortgage, and send the kids to school. RACESAVER® growth is very strong. We now have over 600 cars competing in RACESAVER® regions and tracks. The present and future of affordable racing is RACESAVER® . Join us and race better and more often, while spending far less money.

2 members like this post: DAD, davidm