Thread: Tire Dopers
View Single Post
Hamby454 (Offline)
  #246 4/3/22 3:25 AM
Originally Posted by spicoli:
Why not make tire doping legal? Why is it illegal now? Mark the right rear you start the night with and check that you used that same one all night. Dope it all you want. If it's legal, everyone will know how to dope and why to dope tires. I understand traction control being illegal. Thousands of dollars to buy, mega thousands of dollar motors. What does a can of tire dope cost? $25.00 a gallon? Half gallon? Getting a right rear from Hoosier last year was like pulling teeth. I called and even went to Brownsburg...I need a right rear...who are you?...what's your name?...(never heard of you) no tires...don't know when we'll get any...your series mandates them?...too bad...call around...no tires for you. If I knew how to dope a tire and get longer life, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Ask any go kart racer what allowing prep did to the sport. Honestly it’s more expensive than traction control. It’s not a 1 time purchase. You will need different preps for different tracks. Different preps for track conditions. You’ll need more tires(you cant just slap dope on at the track it has to cure). I personally know a few guys who make prep. As far as price I’ve heard $500 a gallon. But I can’t with certainty say that’s accurate. But it would be no different than tires. It would be a monopoly where they could charge whatever outrageous price they wanted and you wouldn’t be able to compete without it. The other thing is I know one preper literally takes the whole tire to treat it. It’s not as simple as just rolling it the outside of the tire anymore.
3 Likes: Bill Angel, dshort36, spicoli